Sunday, April 10, 2005

opportunity

"Some people dream of success, while others wake up and work hard at it."

This is the word from my laptop wallpaper. I like it.

Last night I called my god-mother (GanMa) at Beijing and talked with her about my hesitation of the future career. I am not confident whether I can become a professor and do well in it. It's my preferred target while it's not easy but very hard to be obtained. It requires not only diligence but also intelligence, while I am not with either one. I have wasted a lot of time our of study and I still can't keep myself away from wasting it. That's a shameful problem with my personality. I thought about to go to industry if I can.

My godmother encouraged me and she said that she belived that I would fulfil my goal. She is very nice to me. In fact I knew what she would tell me. I just need somebody to listen to my hesitation and make myself more self-confident.

My boss always encouraged me. He is very nice to me too. He is a famous professor in my major and has a bunch of brilliant ideas every day. My friend told me that it's a big advantage to me. Of course I know it too. My boss told me many times that I am luck to participate in good projects. And he pointed out my problem: I am often pessmistic with the results. Sometime I did think the results I got is not so promising as he said. Maybe I was just expecting too much from the work.

But anyway, I am still with that dream and hope to get the opportunity in the future.

No comments: