Thursday, September 09, 2004

going home

My friend told me that she booked one airticket to China today. I am also thinking about going back home this winter. And it's time to book the ticket for affordable price.

I planed several times before for the travel back to home. But, I changed all of the plans. My young sister told me in kidding: "don't tell us that you plan to come back in the coming holiday, you have already made us disappointed too many times". My bad ...

Now I am seriously thinking of the travel in this winter. I can not get every thing as good as I expected. In the verse, many things are not good to me. I will be TA in Fall quarter so I can't leave early (possible, if the instructors allow me to ask my friends work as me temporarily, but too complicated). The Fall quarter will end at Dec 17th, which is Friday. And I may only be able to leave from Dec 18th. The airticket will be expensive since it's close to X'mas. And the worse is that the holiday will be very short. The Winter quarter will start from Jan 6th. But I plan to come back a little later, if I will be RA in winter as scheduled.

Another thing is about visa renewal. I am not sure whether I can find someone else going together to TJ to renew the visa. If not, I have to renew it in China. And I may go to Beijing or Guangzhou or Shanghai. I haven't decided my destination yet. I am not worry much about the possibility of being checked in visa renewal, but if I go to renew in China, I have to spend several days in another city before I go back home. The holiday will be even shorter.

So many things are undetermined. But no matter what will happen, I will go back home this time. My advisor told me at last month after he came back from a conference in China: you should go back to take a look, China has changed a lot. I know it. And I don't want to make my parents and friends disappointed again. After I graduate and start working, I will have even less chance to go back China, not only because of the length of holiday period, but also because of the difficulty of renewing visa for Chinese.

I am planning to set down my schedule and book the airticket soon.

No comments: