Tuesday, September 14, 2004

new address

I have moved to the new apartment. Oh, maybe I should say new address, since the apt is about 30 years old, not new. It's repainted, clean, and spacious. Not bad. The three things I am not satisfied are: the dirty laundary, small mailbox, and no fan in the kitchen.

Moving is a big project and now it's almost finished. I applied the new accounts for the gas, power, phone. I'm looking for the deal of cable tv and broadband. The life without internet is a little strange to me since I am used to living with internet, or maybe worse, addict to it. Today I sent out some rebate forms with the new address on it. And I submitted the address change in post office, updated address info for all the credit cards and etc. There're still many things I need to do, such as submitting AR-11 form, changing address in DMV, notifing my friends for the address change, etc.

But the most difficult part has already been done. It's not easy to move all the boxes, furnitures, and especially the heavy refrigerator. My previous roommate left here 21 boxes books, unbelivable lots of kitchen stuff, and bunch of kid's stuff. Thanks to the effort of my roommates and two good friends and the god, everything went smoothly. I was worried about how to put all of the stuffs in the apt since we don't have gated garage any more, but finally everything found its palce. When I was laying on my big bed (thanks to Wei Zhu for this gift), I felt so relaxed: hum, this is my new place now.

The new quarter is coming. I haven't received the assignment for the TA work. But I'm hopefully to teach ODE again. I prepared detail notes last Fall when I taught this course. It will help me to save time and be more efficiently. I want to be a good TA, that's why I choose TAship this quarter instead of RAship. Hope that I will have enough time and energy on both my teaching and research. I am working in a new office which is close to the office of my advisor. It "helps to keep me pushed".

New address, new quarter, new beginning.

No comments: