Friday, September 17, 2004

TA assignment and etc.

I got the new TA assignment. Thanks to the help of Eric, I exchanged one class with him and I will teach two ODE classes in the coming Fall quarter. It will help me to save time in preparation. I will be busier next quarter, so the new assignment will be perfect for me.

I applied for Comcast cable TV and high speed internet. They may be ready in next week. Without internet, the life at home is different. But it doesn't affect me much. I has been so tired these days in the moving and applying services and many other work. The research duty is also heavy. I need to work harder. Last two nights I went to bed before midnight. For me, it's a early time for sleeping. So tired.

Jason and Linda moved into the new office yesterday. Now we have seven people share the new office at IPAM. I will keep the office at MS since I need to hold my office hour as TA at there. That office was crowdy since my officemate was so nice to students that he gave them lots of extra office hours. I couldn't concentrate myself in that office. That's one of the reasons I moved to IPAM.

It's weekend again. Time flies so fast. Tomorrow I will go to Santa Babara to visit a friend and his family. He was my college classmate and he went studying abroad after getting his bachelor degree. He is an assistant professor at UCSB now. Some of my college classmates are postdoc or assistant professors now. I am behind.

No comments: