Tuesday, September 07, 2004

three years ago

I arrived LAX at noon of Sept. 7th. Wow, I have already been in USA for three years. But I cannot say how much I have learned at here. I was just lazy and I didn't work hard enough.

At that summer I missed the summer school which started from August. It's a review course for the new Basic exam. I thought the exam is just piece of cake for me. But I didn't eat it well. I failed at the first time since I didn't prepare well and most of the questions are from my freshman courses. What a shame that I failed in such an easy exam. I dared not tell my friends. It's good that finally I passed it with a high score at the second chance.

There's an earthquake at the second day after I came here. I am not sure whether my first SPEAK exam is on Sept. 11th or 12th. It should be on 11th since no one worked on 12th. Sept. 11th, what a special date. I still remember that in the morning I called my friend in China as usual and was told: TWO PLANES CRASHED INTO THE WTC!!! Astonished? Not at the beginning. I just couldn't believe it. How could I? I turned on the TV. All the channels were in live show. Astonished! I woke up the other two roommates and we were all shocked. I went to school and then took the exam. I was not nervous in the exam at all since I knew I would fail in the first try, as my friends told me. I remembered that after the exam I sent an email in media room of the library.

It happened three years ago. I have been here for three years. No time can be reversed. But when I look back into the past, some of them seem to happen just at yesterday. Last night I watched CNN. It was broadcasting the terrorist tragedy which happened at Russia few days ago. What a tragedy! Terrorists killed women and children. They are so cruel and inhumane. All the terrorists should be annihilated forever from this world. I talked with my roommate. There may be one person felt happy for this tragedy. That's GWB. He will say: see, what I attacked on terrorism is correct. This may help him to win the Vote 2004.

September is a special month for me since there're some special events happened to me. I am not good in memorizing but every time when I found it's "the date", I recalled something happened before. But, no time can be reversed. All the memories belong to the past. Life goes on and on.

I just realized that 10 years ago, in the morning of Sept. 7th, I arrived Beijing for the first time. What a special date for me!

Hope that I will have many better than better Septembers.

No comments: