Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Spotless Mind


Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, 2004

One friend recommended this movie to me when we talked about Kate Winslet (in "the Holiday"). He said that it's even better than "Closer". Well, after watching it, I think I'd like to agree with him (but the two movies are not comparable in my eyes, different styles.). But unfortunately, I didn't understand it throughly. Maybe I should watch it again for a second time. But, I still think this is a good movie which is definitely worthy to watch. It's #38 on the imdb top 250 list and won the best writing award of Oscar 2005. Kate was nominated for the best leading actress at that moment. Now I think she is a good one (better than in Titanic. Well, time and growth).

Jim Carrey, I got to know him as a comedic actor from some funny roles in funny movies. I just couldn't believe that he can play such a shy and sad man Joel. I almost forgot everything he did in other movies although I laughed a lot when I watched them before, but he is really good and impressive in this movie.

I like this movie title. Quoted rom wiki:

The movie's title is taken from a few lines from the much longer poem Eloisa to Abelard by Alexander Pope:

How happy is the blameless Vestal's lot!
The world forgetting, by the world forgot;
Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind!
Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd.
There're some memories that you are unable to erase even if you want to. Thumbs up.

No comments: